- The Testing Device is installed at a 45 degree angle to the pole facing south.
- The Testing Device is connected through a cable with the E.S.E Lightning Conductor.
- The Testing Device has to be switched ON.
- A test has to be performed (See Chapter 3. How to perform a test?)
How to perform a test?
In order to perform a test of the functionality of any SCHIRTEC E.S.E. Lightning Conductor you have to:
- Press the red TEST button for 2 – 3 seconds on the Remote Controller.
- The RX/TX LED lights up in red.
- After relasing the button the Testing Device, which is connected to the SCHIRTEC E.S.E. Lightning Conductor, performs the test.
- After a few seconds the test result will be transmitted via radio frequency to the Remote Controller.
When the green OK LED lights up and starts blinking; the E.S.E. Lightning Conductor is fully functional.
When the red FAULT LED lights up and starts blinking; the E.S.E. Lightning Conductor is not functional and has to be controlled immediately.
Please note that the Testing Device stores energy to operate for 24 hours taking into consideration that it is exposed to 5-7 hours of sun light daily.